Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Announcement No.: 18-26
Announcement Date: Dec. 10. 2018
Closing Date: Dec. 26, 2018
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for a Facilities Maintenance Technician. The primary essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs a variety of routine to complex electrical maintenance and repair activities, which may include: repairing and installing electrical conduit, relays, switches, fixtures, receptacles, controls, circuits, and related item; repairing electrical equipment; trouble shooting electrical problems, replacing light bulbs, fuses, breakers and other related activities.
- Performs a variety of routine plumbing maintenance and repair activities, which may include: installing and/or repair of plumbing fixtures, installing and/or repair of water heaters, unclogging of water, drainage and sewer lines; performs other related plumbing activities.
- Performs a variety of routine heating and air conditioning maintenance activities, which may include: preventive maintenance such as changing filters and belts and cleaning coils; checking duct systems; trouble shooting problems; contacts subcontractor to handle major breakdowns that require a certified technician to perform.
- Performs a variety of carpentry activities, which may include: metal and/or wood framing; hanging sheet rock; installing doors, windows and locks; installing flooring; repairing and/or building steps and railing; repairing of facial boards, window sills, doors and locks; replacing ceiling tiles; patching holes in walls, repairing shelves and furniture, and other related activities.
- Prepares and paints walls and/or other related interior and exterior surfaces.
- Participates in preventive maintenance programs by performing routine inspections and equipment checks. Keeps records on repairs and preventive maintenance on buildings and equipment systems. Maintains maintenance manuals for building equipment.
- Performs general cleaning/housekeeping tasks associated with project or task.
- Responds to emergency calls and request.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by Mayor or Building Official.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of building construction.
- Knowledge of HVAC maintenance.
- Knowledge of carpentry and painting.
- Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Knowledge of building repair and maintenance tools and supplies.
- Writing skills to prepare plans and material list.
- Skill to prepare basis mathematical calculations.
- Reading skills to understand written instructions and specifications, technical manuals and wire diagrams.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, general public and those in contact in the course of work.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, which could include nights, weekends or holidays, when necessary.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Any combination of experience and training equivalent to at least 5 years experience in building construction, carpentry, electrical, HVAC and plumbing field. Trade/technical training or apprenticeship/internship desired.
- Must possess a valid Drivers’ License with driving record suitable for insurability.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.Guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 PM on December 26, 2018.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY