Job Title: Swim Coach (Seasonal)
Department: Parks & Recreation Department
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Announcement No.: 18-04
Announcement Date: February 13, 2018
Closing Date: March 13, 2018
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for a Swim Coach with the Parks & Recreation Department. This position is part-time (29 hours or less per week) and seasonal (10-12 weeks). The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Instruct students in rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of competitive swimming.
2. Organizes and leads structured individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
3. Creates thorough age appropriate workouts on technique, endurance, stroke development, drill, etc.
4. Access swimmer’s skills; monitors students during competition and practice.
5. Performs administrative work relating to, but not limited to, practices, swim meet arrangements, and team performance.
6. Models sports like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards swimmers, officials, parents, and spectators.
7. Maintains equipment and assumes responsibility for its security.
8. Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for swim team participants.
9. Attends all swim team events such as meets, meetings, social events, etc.
10. Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this position:
1. Knowledge of rules, regulations, equipment, and technique of competitive swimming.
2. Knowledge of strokes and practice techniques.
3. Skilled in effectively coaching techniques and skill.
4. Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke and techniques.
5. Ability to plan and organize.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, parents, swimmers, spectators, and general public.
7. Ability to work flexible hours
1. Must possess a current Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, AED & First Aid Certification.
2. Prior coaching experience preferred.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www. Guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 PM on March 13, 2018.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY