Job Title: Parks & Recreation Building Monitor (Part-Time)
Department: Parks & Recreation
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Announcement Number: 21-16
Announcement Date: July 26, 2021
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
Nature of Work:
This position is part-time (29 hours per week or less) consisting of administrative and light to medium labor task associated with the support of the Parks & Recreation Department, buildings, and properties. This position requires considerable contact with the public and requires interpersonal skills and requires ability to work evenings and weekends. Work is primarily reviewed by Center Supervisor with general supervision from Parks & Recreation Director.
- Monitors facilities and property.
- Cleans restrooms, replaces lavatory supplies and disposes of trash and waste.
- Sweep, mop, and disposes of trash.
- Answers phone and assist patrons.
- Set-up and breakdown tables and chairs as needed for events.
- Open, close and secure building during shift
- Performs related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials & equipment.
- Skill in the use of multiple line phone system and proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, co-workers, Parks & Recreation patrons, general public, and those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual work.
Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual labor associated with job.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, and reach overhead.
Ability to read and write modern English.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to the Personnel Department. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY