Residential and Commercial Sanitation and Recycling services are setup and billed through the Guntersville Water and Sewer Board. For information about setting-up new service or questions regarding your bill, call the Guntersville Water and Sewer Board (256) 5931. For pick-up schedules and other questions call (256) 571-7598.
- Trash containers must be out by 5 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Trash must be bagged, tied and placed in a trash receptacle with handles and secured lids.
- On collection day make sure that your garbage cans do not block sidewalks, driveways, parked vehicles, utility poles, trees or other objects that would cause obstruction.
- Unauthorized debris or loose trash in your cans will not be picked up.
- No makeshift receptacles or 55 gallon barrels will accepted or emptied.
- Households can have one 96 gallons can or up to three 32 gallon cans.
- Trucks will not be able to return for pickups.
- Trucks will not return to collect carts that are placed out late, blocked, too close to obstructions, or containing unauthorized debris.
- For elderly or disabled exceptions call (256) 571-7598
- Holiday Schedules are announced in The Advertiser-Gleam, WGSV Radio 1270 AM and are posted to the both City of Guntersville Recycling & Public Works and City of Guntersville Facebook pages.
Commercial waste pickup is coordinated on a case-by-case basis depending on the needs of each individual business. Please contact us at (256) 571-7598 to schedule an appointment with the Sanitation Department.
The City of Guntersville does not have a landfill that is open to the public. Those needing to dispose of items not accepted by the Street Department pick-up should contact the Arab Landfill at (256) 586-2666 or the Albertville Transfer Station (256) 891-2944. For more information about city services, call (256) 571-7598.