Job Title: Equipment Operator III
Department: Street/ Maintenance Department
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt (Grade 8: $12.25-$17.88)
Announcement No.: 20-14
Announcement Date: August 3, 2020
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Equipment Operator III within the Street/Maintenance Department. The essential functions and knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates trash loader truck.
- Loads and hauls brush, debris, trash and other materials to landfill.
- Operates other powered equipment utilized in performance of assigned tasks.
- Services equipment and makes minor field repairs and adjustments as required.
- Performs manual labor tasks such as sweeping streets, picking up trash, and other manual tasks.
- Performs related work as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance requirements of motor driven equipment used in maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of applicable traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations.
- Ability to operate light power equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the operation of assigned equipment and associated manual labor tasks.
- Knowledge of manual labor associated with public works, repair, and maintenance of municipal properties.
- Ability to follow simple oral or written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor, co-workers, general public, and those in contact with in the course of work.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job with or without accommodation.
- Sufficient physical strength to perform manual labor and to lift and carry at least 80 pounds.
- Stamina to work in very cold and hot temperatures, and inclement weather.
- Ability to drive and operate equipment up to 8-10 hours a day including sitting, climbing, stretching, reaching, bending, stooping, and crouching.
- Possess a valid State of Alabama Class B CDL with driving record suitable for insurability.
- At least six (6) months in operating dumps trucks or other heavy equipment preferred.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave, Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY