Job Title: Landscape Maintenance Laborer
Department: Public Works
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Grade 6 ($10.59-$15.46)
Announcement No.: 19-13
Announcement Date: March 29, 2018
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
The City of Guntersville is currently seeking applications for a Landscape Maintenance Laborer. This position will be a member of the City Horticulture Crew that is within the Public Works Department. The essential functions and knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plants, fertilizes, prunes, sprays, and cares for plants and trees located on city property.
- Plants seasonal bedding plants.
- Operate light powered machines such as lawn mowers, weed eaters, hand tools and similar equipment.
- Performs mowing, trimming, raking, and other manual task associated with landscaping and ground maintenance.
- Polices grounds and removes any litter or debris as needed or required.
- Assist in installation of seasonal decorations.
- Performs related work as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of grounds keeping and plant maintenance.
- Skilled in the use of manual tools such as rakes and shovels.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral & written instructions.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and ATV.
- Ability to operate light powered equipment.
- Ability to perform all essential functions.
- Ability to work overtime hours when necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department heads, supervisors, co-workers, general public, and those contacted in the course of work.
- Must possess a valid Drivers’ License with driving record suitable for insurability.
- Sufficient physical strength to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and kneel up to 8 hours a day.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Avenue, Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY