Job Title: Driver (Part-Time)
Department: Public Transportation Department
Announcement No.: 19-20
Announcement Date: September 12, 2019
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for a Driver with the Public Transportation Department. This position is part-time (29 hours or less per week). The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates public transportation bus within county district.
- Transport passengers.
- Collects fares.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to mileage, time, etc.
- Provide assistance to elderly/handicap passengers when needed.
- Complete pre-trip vehicle inspection and report any needed repairs to Transportation Director.
- Answers phone and schedules patron pick-ups as needed.
- Performs related work as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of traffic rules and regulation and ability to demonstrate such knowledge.
- Skill in the safe driving and operation of bus on public streets and highways.
- Ability to keep accurate records within department.
- Ability to communicate written and orally.
- Ability to work basic math computations.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral & written instructions.
- Ability to operate handicap lift and manual door of bus.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, co-workers, bus patrons, general public and those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to be helpful, courteous and deal tactfully with bus patrons and general public.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License with driving record suitable for insurability.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www. Guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY