Job Title: Laborer
Classification: Hourly, Grade 6 ($11.23-16.40)
Announcement Number: 21-01
Announcement Date: January 15, 2021
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
- Operate light powered machines used in public works such as power lawn mowers, weed eaters, hand tools, and similar equipment.
- Use shovels and similar hand tools and simple power tools to remove refuse from streets; remove limbs and leaves from streets, right-of-ways and drainage.
- Perform foot detail for manual sweeping, cleaning, or litter pickup.
- Perform limited custodial work, policing areas and grounds, mowing, raking and other manual tasks.
- Performs related work as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance and detail work.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of hand and power tools.
- Skilled in the use of manual cleaning equipment, rakes, shovels, and brooms.
- Skilled in the operation of light power equipment
- Ability to make simple field repairs and adjustments to assigned equipment.
- Ability to follow simple oral or written instructions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, general public, and those in contact in the course of work.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Sufficient physical strength to lift and carry at least 80 pounds and to walk for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual labor, work in very cold and very hot temperatures, and work in inclement weather.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLANCE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY