Job Title: Senior Center Aide (Part-Time)
Department: Senior Center
Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Announcement Number: 18-11
Announcement Date: May 15, 2018
Closing Date: May 29, 2018
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Senior Center Aid. This is a part-time position (19.75 hrs/wk). The primary essential functions and know, skills and abilities required for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive bus and provide transportation for patrons to and from Center, for medical appointments, and for various special outings when required.
- Deliver meals to home bound when required.
- Assist in serving congregant meals to patrons at the Center.
- Assist with custodial duties involving general maintenance and cleaning of center to include cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen.
- Assist with set up and break down for special events held in Center.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the safe operation of bus used to transport senior citizens.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to transport of passengers.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and supplies
- Skilled in the safe driving operation of bus on public streets and highways.
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the citizens utilizing facilities and programs; ability to be helpful, courteous and deal tactfully with the citizens of Guntersville.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Ability and agility to perform light to medium manual work.
Must possess a valid Alabama Driver’s License with driving record suitable for insurability.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 pm on May 29, 2018.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOLHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY