Job Title: Parks & Recreation Maintenance Laborer (Seasonal)
Department: Parks & Recreation
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Announcement Number: 19-07
Announcement Date: March 4, 2019
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for a Seasonal Laborer at the Guntersville Parks and Recreation Center. The essential functions and knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates weed eater, trim shrubs, rake leaves and policies outside areas keeping clean of trash and debris.
- Cleans restrooms, replaces lavatory supplies and disposes of trash and waste.
- Performs related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials & equipment.
- Skilled in the operation of hand and powered equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual work.
Must possess a valid unrestricted Driver’s License with driving record suitable for insurability.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY