Job Title: Parks & Recreation Building Monitor (Part-Time)
Department: Parks & Recreation
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Announcement Number: 19-08
Announcement Date: March 5, 2019
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for a Building Monitor at the Guntersville Parks and Recreation Center. This position is part-time (maximum 19.75 hours). The essential functions and knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitors facilities and property.
- Cleans restrooms, replaces lavatory supplies and disposes of trash and waste.
- Sweep, mop, and disposes of trash.
- Answers phone and assist patrons.
- Set-up and breakdown tables and chairs as needed for events.
- Open, close and secure building during shift
- Performs related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials & equipment.
- Skill in the use of multiple line phone system and proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual work.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY