Job Title: Parks & Recreation Maintenance Crew Leader
Department: Parks & Recreation
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Announcement Number: 18-15
Announcement Date: June 29, 2018
Closing Date: July 13, 2018
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for a Maintenance Crew Leader at the Guntersville Parks and Recreation Center. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Mow grass, trim shrubs, rake leaves and polices outside areas and keeps clean of trash and debris; apply herbicides or pesticide as needed.
- Performs minor painting and limited building maintenance and repair.
- Drags and lines athletic fields as needed.
- Cleans restrooms, replaces lavatory supplies and disposes of trash and waste paper.
- Drives truck, mower, & tractor; operates various mechanized hand and power equipment used in cutting grass, maintaining grounds, custodial work, and limited facility repair work.
- Maintains tools, truck, mower, tractor and other power equipment; makes simple field repairs.
- Open and closes buildings, park, and other facilities as needed.
- Plan and organize work schedules and give direction of work assignments under the guidance of the P & R Director.
- Monitors supplies inventory and usage; receives price quotes on needed material, parts, and supplies; submits price quotes to appropriate personnel for requisition preparation.
- Review times cards/time sheets and submits to appropriate personnel for approval.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials & equipment.
- Knowledge of park, athletic field, and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic electrical, plumbing and small engine repair.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of manual hand tools.
- Skilled in operating trucks, tractors, mowers and other powered maintenance equipment.
- Skill in basic math computations.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to be helpful, courteous and deal tactfully with P & R patrons and general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, subordinates, park patrons, general public and those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions.
- Any combination of experience and training equivalent to some experience in cleaning and custodial work and grounds and facility maintenance; some senior high school training or equivalent; some supervision experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted Driver’s License with driving record suitable for insurability.
- Sufficient physical strength of lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual labor, to work in very cold and hot temperatures and to work in inclement weather.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 PM on July 13, 2018.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY