Job Title: Laborer
Department: Recycling Department
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt (Grade 6: $10.29-$15.02)
Announcement No.: 18-16
Announcement Date: July 27, 2018
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Laborer with the Recycling Department. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collects residential and commercial recyclables.
- Sorts and prepares recyclables for shipping.
- Cleans and maintains work area is an orderly fashion.
- Performs related work as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of equipment used in recycling work.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral & written instructions.
- Ability to operate machinery used in recycling process.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the general public, supervisors, and co-workers and those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to work overtime hours when necessary.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job.
Possess and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license with driving record suitable for insurability.
- Sufficient physical strength to lift at least 50 pounds and carry it to the truck, ability to stand and walk 8 hours a day.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual labor and to work in very cold and hot temperatures and work in inclement weather.Application Process:Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave, Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACEWE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER