Job Title: Airport Lineman
Department: Municipal Airport
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt (Grade 7: $12.56 – $18.34)
Announcement No.: 22-01
Announcement Date: January 14, 2022
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
Nature of Work
This is a semi-skilled position performing duties in support of the City of Guntersville Municipal Airport. Employees in this position may guide, tow, park, organize, fuel, and greet arriving or departing aircraft. Also involves loading and unloading of baggage, cleaning duties of aircraft, FBO and grounds, and office administration task. Work is performed under the supervision of Airport Manager.
1. Guide pilots of arriving and departing aircraft of various sizes to/from ramp using appropriate hand signals; meet and greet patrons; assist with loading/unloading of baggage; fuel, tow, and park aircraft as needed or required; cleaning duties when requested by crew members.
2. Maintains the aviation fueling operations; monitors aviation fuel and equipment inventory; performs and documents aircraft fuels quality control checks.
3. Performs a variety of office administrative tasks in operation of the airport.
4. Performs general housekeeping and maintenance duties of FBO and airport grounds and equipment.
5. Responsible for weekly inventory checks
6. Employee must be neat and groomed with a pressed uniform when reporting to work.
7. Assist patrons providing exceptional customer service displaying professionalism and integrity at all times.
8. Perform related work as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Considerable knowledge of general aviation aircraft and operations.
2. Skilled in basic computer operations to include applicable software such as Microsoft Office.
3. Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing the English language.
4. Ability to speak clearly on a radio microphone.
5. Ability to work basic math computations.
6. Ability to perform essential functions in all types of adverse weather conditions.
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and responds to after-hours service calls.
8. Ability to work independently without supervision.
9. Ability to perform essential job functions in a safe and timely manner.
10. Ability to become thoroughly familiar with emergency procedures.
11. Ability to continually monitor/update operating procedures with Safety being number one priority.
1. Sufficient strength to lift, push or pull at least 50 pounds at any given time (must be able to perform a push test of at least 50 pounds, and a Jet Fuel truck driving and house performance test).
2. Ability to perform duties in extreme cold and heat. Minimum Qualifications
3. Possess and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license with driving record suitable for insurability.
4. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
5. Successfully pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.Guntersvilleal.org.
Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned the Guntersville Personnel Department.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY