Job Title: Detention/Booking Officer
Department: Police Dept.
Classification: Hourly (PS Grade 2: $11.45 – $16.71)
Announcement No.: 17-30
Announcement Date: October 6, 2017
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Detention Officer. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains booking sheet/log on all prisoners.
- Monitors prisoners and maintains order in City jail as needed.
- Responsible for receiving and safekeeping of prisoner’s personal effects.
- Assist in feeding and providing medical attention to prisoners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good written or oral communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, emergency or highly emotional situations.
- Ability to deal firmly and tactfully with prisoners and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective supervisors, co-workers and those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must have a valid Alabama Driver’s License.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.Guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until position is filled .
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY