Job Title: Airport Manager
Department: Municipal Airport
Classification: Salary/ Exempt
Announcement Date: November 27, 2018
Closing Date: December 18, 2018
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Airport Manager. The primary essential functions and knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises and maintains the airport fixed based operations office, machinery, equipment and staff. Keeps airport physical facilities in good condition in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration operational guidelines.
- Performs a variety of office administrative tasks in the operations of the airport; Maintains up-to-dates files regarding all airport functions and operations.
- Purchases supplies and services necessary for conducting of airport business; Maintains accurate accounting of collections and expenditures of department funds.
- Provides aviation fueling operations in a safe and high quality condition.
- Serves as onsite representative for the construction of new airport facilities.
- Oversees hangar maintenance and hangar leases in coordination with City policies and procedures.
- Monitors the wholesale price of aviation fuels, projects long term sales, and plans inventory accordingly.
- Maintain fuel system distribution meters calibration in accordance to the State of Alabama requirements including the annual changing of aviation fuel filters.
- Keep airport operating license current.
- Prepare and makes recommendations for airport’s proposed annual budget.
- Research, write, and submit grants and donations for capital improvements.
- Application and tracking of FAA funded projects.
- Develop and maintain an Airport Security Plan.
- Prepare monthly managers’ report that is reviewed by the Airport Advisory Board; Serves as Secretary of Airport Advisory Board.
- Maintain the National Based Aircraft Inventory Record.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
Requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public general aviation airports and facilities management.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing municipal airports.
- Working knowledge of FAA and Airman’s Information Manual.
- Knowledge of safe operating principles and practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions of general aviation aircraft.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of supervision.
- Skill to operate a computer, applicable software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Etc.) and internet.
- Skill to operate airport equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to plan, direct, implement and manage all phases of a comprehensive airport program.
- Ability to maintain FBO administrative, fiscal, and general records; Ability to prepare reports and answer questions from records as requested by the Mayor.
- Ability to read and interpret city, county, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and be on-call for emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, sub-ordinates, elected officials, board members, airport patrons, general public and those in contact in the course of work.
- Ability to make responsible decisions as delegated in accordance with established policies and procedures from the mayor.
- .Ability to perform janitorial and minor maintenance duties as needed.
- Ability to use necessary tools and equipment in performance of required skills.
- Ability to supervise, monitor and evaluate the work of subordinate employees.
- Ability to take initiative in duties and assignments as needed to enhance airport operations.
- Ability to operate hazardous fueling apparatus.
- Ability to perform duties in extreme cold and heat.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions.
- Any combination of experience and training equivalent to thorough experience in aviation, holding a private pilot’s license, aircraft maintenance experience, or holding other positions at general aviation airports with experience in refueling.
- Graduation from a senior high school, college and/or business background with aviation experience.
- Possession of a valid Alabama Driver’s License with driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must be able to pass physical and drug screening.
Special Necessary Requirements:
Successful applicant will be required to attend the Eastern Aviation Fuel’s QC Seminar.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or from our website at www.Guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 PM on December 18, 2018.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIAPTE IN E-VERIFY