Job Title: Laborer
Department: Sanitation Department
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt (Grade 7: $11.28-$16.47)
Announcement No.: 19-18
Announcement Date: August 29, 2019
Closing Date: Until Position is filled
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for Laborer with the Sanitation Department. The primary essential functions and knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collects garbage from residential and commercial containers.
- Assist in emptying filled sanitation trucks.
- Collects recyclables, sorts, and prepares for shipping
- Performs related work as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of equipment used in sanitation work.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral & written instructions.
- Ability to operate simple machinery.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the general public, supervisors, and co-workers while performing tasks with courtesy and tact.
- Ability to work overtime hours when necessary.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
- Possess and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license with driving record suitable for insurability.
- Sufficient physical strength to lift at least 50 pounds and carry it to the truck, ability to walk 8 hours a day.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual labor and to work in very cold and hot temperatures and work in inclement weather.Application Process:Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave, Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 on position is filled. THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACEWE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER