Job Title: Airport Attendant (Part-Time)
Department: Municipal Airport
Announcement No.: 19-03
Announcement Date: February 8, 2019
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for a part-time (approximately 19.75 hours per week) Airport Attendant. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures that operations at the airport fixed base operations office, machinery, and equipment function smoothly.
- Performs a variety of office administrative tasks in operation of the airport.
- Maintains the aviation fueling operations in a safe and high quality condition; monitors aviation fuel supplies and equipment inventory accordingly.
- Keeps the airport facilities in good condition in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration operational guidelines.
- Responsible for weekly inspection of inventory and quality control tasks.
- Participates in hanger, FBO and ground maintenance.
- Maintains up-to-date files regarding functions and operations.
- Assist in the preparation of the manager’s report that is reviewed monthly by the Airport Advisory Board.
- Assist patrons and serve as public relations for the City of Guntersville and Guntersville Municipal Airport.
- Perform related work as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of general aviation aircraft and operations.
- Skilled in basic computer operations to include applicable software such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to speak clearly on a radio microphone.
- Ability to work basic math computations.
- Ability to perform essential functions in extreme cold or hot weather conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to become thoroughly familiar with emergency procedures.
- Ability to continually monitor/update operating procedures with Safety being number one priority.
- Sufficient strength to lift, push or pull at least 50 pounds at any given time.
- Ability to perform duties in extreme cold and heat.
Possess and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license with driving record suitable for insurability.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.Guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley Rowan, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY