Job Title: Truck Driver/Skilled Laborer
Department: Public Works
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Grade 7 ($10.54-$15.38)
Announcement Number: 17-25
Announcement Date: July 25, 2017
Closing Date: August 8, 2017
The City of Guntersville currently has an opening for a Truck Driver/Skilled Laborer with the Public Works Department. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for street maintenance, including cleaning and patching streets.
- Responsible for driving trucks and other vehicles used in Public Works department.
- Performs labor associated with installing drain tiles, concrete forming, pouring and finishing, and laying of concrete block.
- May operate light powered machines used in street repair.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities: Knowledge of street and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of manual labor associated with public works, repair, and maintenance of municipal properties.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the operation of assigned equipment and associated manual labor tasks.
- Knowledge of applicable traffic laws.
- Skilled in forming, pouring and finishing of concrete and masonry work.
- Skilled in the use of manual cleaning equipment, rakes, shovels and brooms.
- Skilled in the operation and maintenance of motor driven equipment used in Public Works activities.
- Ability to follow simple oral or written instructions.
- Ability to operate light power equipment.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with the general public, performing tasks with courtesy and tact.
- Valid unrestricted Drivers License with driving record suitable for insurability.
- Valid Class B Commercial Drivers License with driving record suitable for insurability.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual labor and to work in very cold and hot temperatures and work in inclement weather.
- Sufficient physical strength to lift and carry at least 80 pounds.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Guntersville Personnel Office at 341 Gunter Ave., Guntersville, AL or visit our website at www.guntersvilleal.org. Completed applications for qualified applicants should be returned to Ms. Renea Bradley, Personnel Director. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 pm on August 8, 2017.
THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY