Curbside Recycling is provided to all residents of the City of Guntersville. Residents may pick up blue bags free of charge from the following locations: City Hall, the Water Board, the Recreation Center and the Library.
The Guntersville Recycling Center gladly accepts recyclable items from individuals living outside of the city limits. Recyclable items are accepted at the Recycling Center located at 3450 Wyeth Mountain Road. Items should be placed in the bin in front of the center. Recyclables are collected on Mondays and Tuesdays. For more information call (256) 571-7598.
The Guntersville Recycling Department Accepts the Following Items
- PAPER – newspaper, office paper (all colors), shredded office paper, magazines, hardback books, paperback books, phone books, catalogs, junk mail, cardboard (includes all types of storage moving boxes, cereal and other dry good boxes from the grocery store, paper towel and bathroom tissue rolls, oatmeal boxes, pizza boxes and wrapping paper rolls)
- GLASS – clear/brown/green
- ALUMINUM – cans (beverage containers) and tin/steel (canned food cans)
- PLASTICS (#1-6) – bottles and jugs (beverage bottles, laundry detergent jugs, milk and orange juice jugs, shampoo bottles, food packaging, plastic food tubs and carry out containers)
- GROCERY BAGS – plastic grocery bags
- MOTOR OIL – poured into an oil bottle or milk jug labeled oil, cap tightly secured
- ELECTRONIC WASTE – computers, monitors and keyboards will be picked up curbside by appointment. Call (256) 571-7598 to schedule
PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL ITEMS ARE RINSED OUT
ATTENTION: Business Owners and Office Mangers – appointments may be scheduled to pick up large quantities of shredded paper/office paper. Please call (256) 571-7598 to schedule.